Ingmar Hamer wrote:
> Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:
>>> , where
>>> Rake::Task#execute is documented.  Next time, you may want to take those
>>> 20 seconds before posting...
>>>

> Well, thanks for the reply.
>
> After feeling incredibly stupid for a couple of minutes I tried using
> the methods given in the docs you linked to.
>
> Unfortunately I still can't get my task to run:
>
> my code in the controller:
>
> def test_rake
>  t = Rake::Task["doc:app"]
>  puts Rake::Task.task_defined?("doc:app") --> true
>  puts t.inspect()            --> <Rake::Task doc:app =>
> [doc/app/index.html]>
>  puts t.name()               --> doc:app
>  t.execute()                 --> returns nothing
>  t.invoke()                  --> returns false

It's not clear to me from looking at the source whether execute is
supposed to return anything.  Does the task in fact get run?

>  #I found a line like this in another forum:
>  Rake::Task["rake:doc:app"].execute() --> also returns nothing
> end

This is of course equivalent to your other execute() call. (And you
don't need parentheses if there are no arguments.)

> When I run the "test_rake" method, I don't get any errors, but the task
> still doesn't get executed...
>
> Where am I going wrong?

I don't know if you are.  Are you sure the task isn't being run?  Does
it work from the Rails console?

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser