On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 3:41 PM, kitty00 <yanl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know if Debian is better or CentOS is better.

99% of the software you find inside will be the same.  Every Linux
distro uses the same glibc, same gcc, same Linux kernel, only
difference being the packages are slightly different versions based on
when the distro was published.

The _big_ difference in Linux distros is the package management.  Your
two main options are rpm or dpkg.  I prefer dpkg.

> Also, which rails application server do you recommend besides
> passenger with apache 2?

Nginx + mongrel cluster works pretty well for me.

--
Greg Donald
http://destiney.com/