On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 12:48 PM, Marnen Laibow-Koser
<rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net> wrote:
> Patrick Doyle wrote:
> True to a point.  Have you played around with anything else out there
> (RSpec?)?
Not yet... My applications and their associated tests have been
trivial and mostly been used as a learning tool for myself.  I have
seen references to RSpec, Cucumber, and several other test platforms.

I am quite certain that they all address needs that aren't met by the
standard unit/functional/integration tests baked into RoR.

But I figure that that, if the standard unit/functional/integration
tests are good enough for the RoR developers, they should be good
enough for me.

I am assuming (of course) that the RoR developers use the standard
test templates.  If they don't, then why is that template (still)
included in RoR?

It's probably included because it was standard at some point in time,
and works well enough for small, simple projects.

Which are all I've played with so far.  As my projects get bigger or
more complicated, then I'll probably run into the same limitations
that inspired the other test environments and learn from that process.

--wpd