Hi all,
I have a really really annoying problem that's driving me nuts with
file_field and paperclip and having to upload images everytime a form is
edited even though the user is quite happy with the currently uploaded
image or loose the previously uploaded image.

This seems to be caused by the rails file_field helper not storing the
data that has been read in from the db in the same way that other field
helpers do and therfore unless an image is uploaded everytime the form
is updated the data for the current image does not get sent back to the
controller in the params hash.
This in turn causes the model to believe that the data has been deleted.

This is obviously a problem with the rails helper as it should work the
same way as all the other field helpers do and retain the data somehow
but right now I need a work around.

Javascript is not an option as the site is a W3C AAA compliant site and
creating a seperate form is just plain wrong as the user has enough to
do without adding more button clicks.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.