Philip Hallstrom wrote:
>>> This doesn't sound right at all... I've got many forms using form_for
>>> and f.file_field, etc... and this isn't an issue for me.  Nothing
>>> special I'm doing to prevent it... are you sure you're not setting
>>> that field to something somewhere in a before filter or something?
>>
>> Thanks Phillip,
>>
>> Maybe it's an issue specific to paperclip
>
> Sorry, I wasn't clear...  I too am using paperclip...
>
>> I'm testing on a clean app with nothing other than the crud default
>> views from a scaffold plus the file_field and the necessary paperclip
>> stuff for the model.
>> That maybe what I'm missing.
>
> Yep.  Same here.

Thanks again.
This is most strange but the problem has just dissapeared.
I don't understand what has happened.
I have checked the diffs in my sourcecode repository and reversed the
latest changes and the problem still hasn't come back.

I'll just have to put this down to one of those weird anomolies.
It's great to have confirmation that all should work properly.

Cheers