2010/1/10 Alberto Lopez <li...@ruby-forum.com>:
> Aaahm..  I think yes. I don't know another way to make it :S (I'm a
> little bit novice. I know a little bit Ruby but I get into mess with
> some things). I have thought to make a function current_user probing the
> user by name and make an if sentence : if post.name == current_user{
> edit, destroy }
>
> For example, but I dont know how to make it exactly.. :S (I hear bells
> but i dont know where)

You need to be reasonably proficient in the use of Ruby to use RoR so
I would suggest first googling for some Ruby primers and work through
those.  Then (or at the same time if you get bored) work through some
of the online Rails Guides (google for Rails Guides), particularly
Getting Started, ActiveRecord Relationships and Debugging.

Another excellent way of learning is to watch this list and any time
you understand the question then follow the thread and try to
understand the answer.  In no time you will find yourself answering
questions yourself.  You will make a fool of yourself on occasions (at
least I did, and still do) but do not worry about that.

Colin