Ray K. wrote:
> There are the bddcasts: www.bddcasts.com
> They do cost money, but they're worth it, so is the rspec book.
>
> A word of advice:
> Learning RoR at the same time with Cucumber and RSpec will require you
> to fight a very steep learning curve.
> Very often you will neither know how to test something nor how to
> implement it. You do get a lot of insight into Rails and you'll learn
> what every LOC does. But it's also over with easy copy&pasting code,
> taking chunks from tutorials and all that. This requires for you to
> really know what you're doing or if you don't - you will have to learn.
>
> The quick and dirty solution with BDD doesn't exist. It can be worth it,
> but it takes long.

That's absolutely false.  I learned Rails and RSpec at the same time
(Cucumber didn't exist yet).
 It was no problem.

> I would suggest to get your Rails knowledge on a solid foundation first.
> "Solid" means stuff you really know and can do - not a collage of
> railscasts.
> After that BDD won't be that hard.

No, no, no!  Then you'll be writing untested code, which is worse.
Definitely don't go for the collage of Railscasts, but don't hold off on
learning proper testing either.  It's an essential part of programming
in the 21st century.

> Hope that helps
> Ray

Best,