Hi Frederick,

Thanks for taking the time to look at my newbie code.  I now have both
styles:
      change_column :expenses, :amount, :decimal, :precision =>
10, :scale => 2  # DSL-style
      change_column( "expenses", "amount", "decimal(10,
2)" )                          # C-style
working.  Thank you for pointing the things I was missing when I
fumbled here.

I wont have any more problems in this area.  But I'm moving on to a
new area now :-)

Best wishes,
Richard