If you read carefully http://guides.rubyonrails.org/getting_started.html
you can find
that in your routes.rb file have to be following lines
map.connect ':controller/:action/:id'
map.connect ':controller/:action/:id.:format'

I also new in RoR and I don't know why you wrote "map.connect 'home/
index', :controller => 'home', :action => 'index' "
in your routes.rb. and what it should be mean.
We both need to read more about routes in RoR.