Ok, So it seems that this whole tutorial ordering thing seems to be
the best way to go (thanks to philip anyway for giving me the code to
do it with ids if I wanted to);
The problem is I'm really a complete noob in RoR. I know how to create
migrations, however creating a "position" variable i which they were
independent to the category the tutorials were in; I have absolutely
no idea how to do that. And you talk about writing methods, I also do
not know where these methods would be created (inside a controller
perhaps?).

Any help with this task would be kindly appriciated,

Thanks In Advance,

Joe