Hi Joshua,

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 8:22 PM, Joshua Martin <josmar52...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm using this form in an edit page to update a person. For some weird
> reason, when I view this form in the browser... The text field's value is
> set to the person's firstname, but it does not display in the browser.
>
> The form works perfectly on Windows (the values are visible in the
> browser), but not on Ubuntu Linux. I'm using the same environment setup;
> same Ruby, Rails, and gems versions..
>
> <% form_for @person do |f| %>
>     <label for="person_firstname">First Name</label> <%= text_field
> :person, :firstname, :class => "textbox", :size => "30%" %>
>     <%= submit_tag "Update Person", :class => "button button-right" %>
> <% end %>

Without having tested this code my guess is that you're running into a
parser problem.  Firefox for Linux is not _exactly_ the same code as Firefox
for Windows and the place they differ most is in the parser.   You have a
class.  Move the :size element out of inline styling and into your css and
I'd bet a nickle your problem goes away.

HTH,
Bill