On 14 May 2010 02:22, Joshua Martin <josmar52...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using this form in an edit page to update a person. For some weird
> reason, when I view this form in the browser... The text field's value is
> set to the person's firstname, but it does not display in the browser.
>
> The form works perfectly on Windows (the values are visible in the browser),
> but not on Ubuntu Linux. I'm using the same environment setup; same Ruby,
> Rails, and gems versions..
>
> <% form_for @person do |f| %>
>     <label for="person_firstname">First Name</label> <%= text_field :person,
> :firstname, :class => "textbox", :size => "30%" %>
>     <%= submit_tag "Update Person", :class => "button button-right" %>
> <% end %>

If you are getting different display in different browsers then it is
quite likely you have invalid html.  Copy the complete text of the
page (View, Page source or simiilar in browser) and paste into the w3c
html validator (google will find it).  Alternatively install the great
html validator plugin for firefox which will check it for you as you
develop.

Colin