On 20 May 2010 12:59, Marnen Laibow-Koser <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> My former boss wrote probably the largest Groovy project in the history
> of the language.  He later switched his business over to being a Rails
> consultancy.  I think it's significant that with all his Groovy
> experience, he didn't choose Grails.

The decision could have been based solely on business grounds, not technical
grounds.

People have heard of Rails, there is 'brand awareness' for Rails, so you
more likely to be able to get clients. Or at least it would be easier
convincing them that Rails is what they want rather than something called
Grails that no one has heard of. Even the dimmest PHB has heard of Rails and
that it is *HOT*

Not saying that there aren't technical reasons to reject Grails but on
purely business grounds Rails is king. So your former bosses decision might
not be a reflection as to the technical merits of Grails.