On 20 May 2010 13:38, egervari <ken.egerv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> To the OP: you think an underscore looks like an *operator*?  What
>> operator does it look like?  What are you in danger of confusing it
>> with?
>
> Part of the problem for me is that I really can't see well. this-that
> and this_that kind of look the same to me.

You might want to try to change the font in your editor to one that is
designed to be easy to differentiate similar characters.
Personally, I use ProFont Tweaked [1], but Sheldon is good too.

[1] http://www.tobias-jung.de/seekingprofont/
     There is a "linux" version, but I just have the Windows TFF
installed in Ubuntu