"With Heroku there's no git pull -- just push the code and it does
everything else. "

The problem for me is that it wasn't that simple, the app didn't work.
While in an environment like shared hosting (if were comparing low
price things, Heroku has a small free option as well) I have control
over the database, I don't get how heroku's databases work... I'll
assume that through ActiveRecord it doesn't matter. But whatever, if
you want to see what's in the database, Site5 gives you PhpMyAdmin, I
don't know how you check what's in the database on Heroku.

"Site5 is shared hosting, not a VPS, right?  If so, then the two
aren't
really comparable -- and Rails generally really wants a VPS. "

Well the question we are supposed to be answering here is what is
"easy" rails hosting, not VPS vs shared. That's a whole other chapter.
Site5 is shared, its easy. Its setup for you out of the box. That's
all.

- V