Hello Daniel,

ruby-1.9.2-head is not a snapshot, it is actively being developed on. So if you download ruby-1.9.2-head Today it may be quite different from what you downloaded with rvm originally. There have also been preview releases of Ruby 1.9.2 (the latest being preview3, if I am not mistaken) which are snapshots... I don't know if any of those work well with Rails 3 though.

1.8.7-p299 has come out recently, I have not tried that yet (has anyone?). I know that 1.8.7-p248 and 1.8.7-p249 don't work (segfaults when you try to access a controller via your browser).

I have been able to work with Rails 3 without problems using Ruby 1.8.7-p174

I hope this helps :)

Regards,
Mark