frankjmat...@gmail.com wrote:
> it looks like you either installed rvm as root or are running it as
> such... I'm not sure exactly.
>
> either way. you shouldnt have to involve "usr/bin" in anything. all
> your commands should be directly from your home user directory.
> done that way, rvm will then install a version of ruby for you right
> in your ~/.rvm directory. after rvm is correctly installed you should
> never see gem trying to use /Library system gems.
>
> after you install rvm it should give tell you how to set up your
> terminal to run it when you open it. rvm provies instructions for this
> but it generally involves adding the following line to
> your .bash_profile file
>
> if [[ -s ~/.rvm/scripts/rvm ]] ; then source ~/.rvm/scripts/rvm ; fi
>
> after that you probably should close your terminal and reopen it...
>
> then from your user home directory in terminal, run "rvm install
> ruby-1.8.7-p299" after that you'll need to set it as the default ruby
> for new shells.. i believe the command is
> rvm 1.8.7 --default
>
> now that your environment is set up correctly.. try
>
> gem install rails --pre
>
> it should install your gems into your local .rvm folder under the
> version of ruby you installed.
> let me know how that goes.

Thank you for the help frank :) i appreciate.
Now running my sample up I got an issue after I install the bundler in
the gem directory and now its getting me sick turning around my head.

When i tried to run scirpt s
sqlite3-ruby-1.3.0 is cached, but not installed.
Try running `bundle install`.

so I tried 'bundle install'

So this time. :( the sqlite3-ruby (1.3.0) is the major issue at this
moment.

Installing sqlite3-ruby (1.3.0) from .gem files at
/Users/andre/.bundle/ruby/1.8/cache with native extensions
/Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems/installer.rb:483:in `build_extensions':
(Gem::Installer::ExtensionBuildError)

/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/bin/ruby
extconf.rb
checking for sqlite3.h... yes
checking for sqlite3_libversion_number() in -lsqlite3... no
sqlite3 is missing. Try 'port install sqlite3 +universal' or 'yum
install sqlite3-devel'
*** extconf.rb failed ***
necessary libraries and/or headers.  Check the mkmf.log file for more
details.  You may need configuration options.

Thanks for your time