On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Marnen Laibow-Koser
<li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:

>> I mentioned this in another post and from the limited responses that I
>> received I concluded that almost no one else has any interest in doing
>> this sort of thing.  I find that a bit surprising ...

> Yiure going about this backwards.  Your site shouldn't be doing your
> consumers' layout work.  Instead, it sshould provide data that your
> consumers can lay out as they please.

Heh. Exactly what I said the first time :-)

Consider this scenario:

I go to a site, navigate around, click some link and all of a sudden
the URL in the address bar totally changes to some other site. But
the page appearance stays the same.

Suspicious? You bet. Has "phishing" written all over it. Me likey?
No. Me gone  :-)

And that's aside from the already mentioned XSS/single-site-origin
issues, relative URL refs, etc.

I would never use such a scheme, nor recommend a client do so...

YMMV!

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroe...@gmail.com
twitter: @hassan