Sur Max wrote:
> @Fernando
> Capistrano is exactly that very "bash script" by purpose, you are
> talking about  :D ... it's just written in Ruby
>
> Writing another bash script won't re-invent the wheel at all.... when
> there was no Capistrano in Rails world, I personally used to write
> that very bash scripting..

My update script:

hg push ssh://... && ssh -t u...@ip 'cd /myapp_path && hg update &&
RAILS_ENV=production rake db:migrate && touch tmp/restart.txt'

Do I need hundreds (thousands) of lines of ruby code to do that?
Certainly not. But yeah, it's cap, it was started by jb, it's ruby, it
supports svn and cvs... it's gotta be cool!

I did use capistrano, and it would eventually stop updating the code due
to some obscure problem. My dumb bash script never disappointed me.