On Jul 2, 2010, at 12:14 PM, DK wrote:

Hi -
Here are some ideas - at least will be a start at isolating the problem. I am on a Mac so things might not be exact.

1) Here is an example of working database.yml which is working with mysql. You may want to track down the differences and if they are meaningful.

Also, if you have not done, create a test rails app in cmd prompt using: rails testapp -d mysql. This should autogenerate a (potentially) correct database.yml

development:
  adapter: mysql
  encoding: utf8
  reconnect: false
  database: xxx_development
  pool: 5
  username: root
  password:
  socket: /tmp/mysql.sock

2) See if you can log in and access mysql. On a mac I do something in the terminal like: mysql -u [user name] -p [password]. Check out this article http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/windows-start-command-line.html . Once you get in see if you can create a db.