Sure get a Mac ;)

No but seriously first there's no reason why your app should be in the
www folder the only thing you want to expose to the world is he public
folder and you can do that by simlinking I don't know what the
equivalent is on windows well I don't know why anyone does web dev on
a non unix Linux environnment but I've seen weirder things... Also
you'll need phusion passenger to get your ruby working with apache. If
you want a prepackaged server  stack look into  http://bitnami.org/ I
got them working on my win 7 box of failure (does my bias come
through ?) but before you do all that you should know that you don't
need a separate server to develop your ruby rails app. Rails come with
it's own server you can use while developing...

Cheers

Victor