I am currently converting a large Delphi webbroker application to RoR.
The Delphi application makes extensive use of client datasets and
setrange which can limit the range of records returned to a client
dataset in an SQL call without the overhead of making another SQL call.
The setrange call can be issued in a loop to repeatedly change the range
of records viewable in the dataset.

My app frequently issues the setrange command to a dataset in a loop in
order to test for previous game time bookings in a sports application.
Is there any way I can do this in Rails or do I need to repeatedly make
SQL queries to return the data subset?