Mark Horrocks wrote:
> Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:
>  If you have 1000
>> records that you're paging through 10 at a time, there is no reason to
>> fetch all 1000 if you only want to read 10.
>
> There aren't anywhere near that many. Its just that I change the view of
> the records returned many times while testing for a game time that
> hasn't been booked by the two teams for the longest period of time while
> re booking fixtures. The use case is that game fixtures may be redrawn
> and then require new court bookings part way through the season.

I'm still not completely sure I understand  exactly what you're doing,
but it looks to me like you're running onto trouble because you're
trying to have the app do queries that should be done on the DB side.
Can you have the database do the calculations and return only the
records you actually want?