My Rails application (Rails: V 2.1.0, Ruby: V 1.8.6) has on it, the
ability for users to submit stories with their address information,
which *will* be atomised into appropriate fields.

A front end form allows users to submit stories, these stories are saved
into a database table. They are then approved by my client and are
displayed on a map.

Currently, this map is static and has to be changed by my client and
re-embedded every time a story, with a postcode, is submitted. So, the
map displays markers in the position of the postcode that is submitted
with the story.

My question is: what would you recommend as the most effective way to
automate this process to omit the need for my client to re-embed this
code?

If my request is not clear, please post whatever else you may need.