Now if we could just stop thinking that the world is composed solely
of middle class white anglo saxon males and face the reality. Naming
conventions in some cultures go well beyond forename plus surname.
Those people also live in the UK.

I also note that you are omitting titles and suffixes such as "Queen
Elizabeth II" who is also called "Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor".
Or even "Hank Williams Jr" or "Hank WIlliams III" or "Sir Robert
Geldof"

Some people have only one name which is neither a forename or a surname.

Lets ignore the artist formerly known a Prince for a moment :)

To be honest I would go with

user_id  :integer
title :string
forename :string
midname :string
surname  :string
suffixes :string
gender   :string

and treat midname as a space separated list of names (although this
wont handle names like 'st clair' correctly).