On 9/8/10, Tony Barone <baron...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rails Community,
>
> I am about to commit to a text editor for both Ruby and RoR
> development.  What are your opinions about investing time into
> Textmate vs. MacVim?  I've already purchased Textmate and download
> MacVim.  Looking for pros, cons, etc.  Does anyone use both or once
> you stick with an editor, you stay with that editor.

Hi Tony,

I work with Vim on Linux and I must say that I love it. I don't really
need to try any other editor.

My advice is for you to try both and see which one fits your taste
best. You will find some people suggesting Emacs, others Vim and a few
others Textmate. But, in the end, it is a matter of taste.

Vim (or MacVim) has quite a steap learning curve, but once you get
used to it, it is very rewarding. At least for me.

Try both and then make a choice. You should use the one that makes you
more productive.

All the best,

Fidel.