Hi there!

I'm trying to create an inheritance between two classes where the child
class has its own relations... but I it looks like the concept in rails
is a bit different than in other languages/framworks (or I'm doing
something wrong).

Let's say I have this two model classes, parent and child class, and a
relation to the child class:

class Parentclass < ActiveRecord::Base
end

## this child class has a anotherclass_id
class Childclass < Parentclass
end

class Anotherclass < ActiveRecord::Base
  has_one :childclass
end

My problem is that, when I try to access the relation to the child
class, rails tries to find the relation id in the parent class! I mean I
get this...

>> a = Anotherclass.find(1)
>> a.childclass
ActiveRecord::StatementInvalid: Mysql::Error: Unknown column
'parentclasses.anotherclass_id' in 'where clause': SELECT * FROM
`parentclasses` WHERE (`parentclasses`.anotherclass_id = 1)  LIMIT 1

I even tried to force the class name like:

class Anotherclass < ActiveRecord::Base
  has_one :childclass, :class_name => "Childclass"
end

But same thing, the has_one relation goes to parent class to try to find
the relational id.

Anyone can help with this please??
Thanks in advance!