Am 07.10.2010 23:22, schrieb Murph2m:
> This has all worked great and I now need to generate the next bit of
> scaffolding but I don't know how to get back to the command prompt
> after using 'rails s' . I know I could launch another terminal session
> but is this the only way? Will I be leaving one terminal open running
> 'rails s' all the time and another to actually work on?

Hi,

you can stop the server with Ctrl+C. If you want to let you application
run all the time in the background just open a new terminal. Another
solution would be to start the server as a deamon 'rails s -d'. But i
would recommend you to let the server output in its own terminal so you
can see if something is going wrong.

Regards, Max.