> No, absolutely not.  I am saying that dynamically generating JS by means
> of ERb is a design problem.  Receiving a partial from an Ajax call is
> fine.

I would really like to see an example of how to pull a partial with ajax
without js.erb or js.haml, in a easy way of course, note that if he wants to
sort the partial is dynamic.

please , post a snippet.

OT.
John please confirm if your intention is to sort a list, thats what i
understood you wanted to do, if not please clarify.
What i understood from your code is that when the user hits the Site link ,
you want to order the list by site number and that
"-" in front is meant for choosing asc or desc , i also see you are
paginating, am i correct?