On Oct 15, 3:43 am, radhames brito <rbri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I mean that you're apparently using it as a repeated pattern.  I think
> > it's an antipattern -- something that looks like a good design pattern
> > at first, but is in fact to be avoided.

Marnen,

As someone who is a relative rails newbie, and whose last programming
experience was 25+ years ago programming assembly language and pascal,
it would be appreciated if you could elaborate as to why it should be
avoided.

Given the sparse documentation on ROR I have picked up this
"antipattern method" from watching a Ryan Bates screencast, and would
like to better understand whether it would be worth the effort to
refactor. In the web application we are developing we have made the
implicit assumption that the site should require javascript enabled by
users, as we are heavily dependent on google maps and other content
only available with javascript.

>From your extensive knowledge would there be any design or performance
advantage in refactoring so that the browser requests a pure html
partial only?

Hopefully you are not going to tell me to google the answer!

Thanks for sharing,

David