Msan Msan wrote in post #949863:
>> What part didn't you understand?
>>
>> What I was trying to say was this: you're apparently in the early stages
>> of designing your application. Therefore, you need to think about user
>> interface now -- how the application should behave from the user's point
>> of view. You do not yet need to think about how the application works
>> internally.
>
> I have just clear what the user interface must be and what users must
> do when they log in.

OK, then you're probably ready to write some Cucumber scenarios and try
to implement them.

State machines are great for anything where a procedure with certain
steps and defined transitions between those steps is followed.  Common
examples (with transitions in parentheses):

User: registered (send authorization code) waiting for auth (receive
authorization code) authorized

Issue: reported (assign) assigned (complete work) work done; waiting for
review (review passed) closed
...or (review failed) assigned for more work...continue cycle

Depending on your workflows, you may find this very useful for the app
you describe.  You might not, depending on the details of the case, but
it's worth a try when the time comes.

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser