Davo,

When I say "alternatives better then both", I mean other HTTP Web
servers which is the subject now.

The O.S. of the server is just a matter of taste or a decision already
made for you.

I have my personal choices concerning O.S. for servers (Servers in
general not only for Web Servers), but at work that is a corporate
decision, which involves not only technical, but political and
commercial decisions, and currently they are under Windows O.S.

So, my general answer to those that are simply "against Windows" is:
stay out of the IT corporate business. Do only your personal choice
stuff with the resources you can afford, because in the corporate
industry, some decisions are made for you, not by you. And if you play
the game you will follow their rules not yours.

The origins of the Trainer On Rails site is an effort to prove that
"the Windows users minority" can develop cool stuff using Ruby on
Rails in a productive way under Windows, apart from which Server's
O.S. will support the application in the end.

Regards.

--
MarcRic
www.marcric.com