On 17 November 2010 12:29, MarcRic <marc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Colin,
> [...]
> That is the reason, I will never ever change Windows for OS/X, if I
> have to change from Windows, Ubuntu (or any counterpart) will be MY
> choice, because these are MY principles.

Had you quoted me inline rather than top posting you would have seen
that I was in no way suggesting that anyone should change from Windows
if they do not wish to, merely pointing out that a discussion like
this is not necessarily useless as you suggested.

> Could you please, point me a Linux forum for Dummies like me?

I thought this was a Windows specific thread :)
and continues to do so.  See also http://ubuntu-manual.org/

> This is a Ruby on Rails forum, and this is a Windows specific
> thread...

I think it is entirely reasonable whenever anyone asks how to install
Ruby on Windows ( which is the thread topic) that they be made aware
of the alternatives, in case they were not so aware.  I agree that
detailed discussions of the pros and cons should be in a separate
thread however.  It is interesting note that, as far as I can see, the
OP has not responded even to the help that was offered with installing
on Windows, which suggests he was not that bothered in the first place
and likely has no objection to the thread being hijacked.

Colin