On 23 November 2010 17:26, Ralph Shnelvar <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Colin Law wrote in post #963366:
>
>> By putting the file in your_app/public/documentation.  Then your link
>> will find it.
>>
>> Colin
>
> While this works, it sorta doesn't answer the question.
>
> Let's say that the document is in /documentation (not
> /public/documentation), how do I tell RoR to look there instead of in
>  /public/documentation?

You can't, once it gets to rails it is too late.  Rails cannot access
random locations on your server (nor would you wish it to).  If you
want to serve up stuff from somewhere such as /documentation then you
would have to setup your web server appropriately so that it handles
it before it gets to Rails.  Not that you would want your web server
picking up stuff from /documentation either.

Colin