Ok, here's one for you.  I ran "wkhtmltopdf -H www.google.com
google.pdf" and got a blank document but it had the header.  Then I
loaded an html file that I had on my local computer and it worked....
good stuff.  It appears that my command line is just having trouble
reaching the internet.  I'm a hotel this week, so perhaps it's something
to do with the way their wireless connection is set up.  Now I just have
to figure out why I'm getting an error when using PDFKIT.... thanks for
your help