On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 12:13 PM, Nick Burdick <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> David Kahn wrote in post #965093:
> > On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 3:25 AM, Conor Nugent <li...@ruby-forum.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> pdfkit --install-wkhtmltopdf
> >>
> >> or manually
> >>
> >> Sorry,  I know this isn't much help!
> >>

> > Right... also, when you say your pdf is blank --- does the file actually
> > open or is it empty? I had a situation where I was getting empty files,
> > which of course would not open. I'll try to remember what the solution
> > was
> > if you let me know what your situation is.
>
> Thanks for replying guys,
>
> I tried to revert back to my system Ruby (out of RVM) and installing
> pdfkit via Gem install.  Then in installed wkhtmltopdf with pdfkit as
> stated above.  It runs from the command line, but it still creates a
> blank pdf.  It's funny, the pdfs open but there is just no content.  I'm
> stumped.

Probably goes without saying but have you verified that your input file
contains data?

Also, if you just enter 'wkhtmltopdf' in the terminal, what do you get? (you
should get some help info on wkhtmlto pdf)

Also, try this -- esp if you are not getting wkhtml to respond:

strace wkhtmltopdf #{path_html} #{path_pdf}
(obviously setting the files to real files, not variables as I have it)

Also,