To uninstall a gem version you have 2 options:

a) Declare the version at the end of the uninstall command: gem
uninstall my_gem -v=x.x.x (You replace the 'x.x.x' with the version
you want to remove, OR
b) Run the uninstall command without version specified: gem uninstall
my_gem

Option b) will prompt you which version you want to remove out of all
the versions you have loaded but if you only have one version it will
go ahead and remove just that one without asking.

Just a note about the 'what you wants'. I don't know if it will be
your case but I'm not a native English speaker and when I first talked
to native speakers it bothered me a lot the 'no, what you want is...',
then I realized that it's just their way of saying 'what you probably
should do is...', or I take it that way. It has never bothered me
since I saw it that way.