On 7 December 2010 01:06, Rob Th <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Thanks pepe,
>

> RobsMacAir:~ rob$ rails -v
> Rails 2.3.8
> RobsMacAir:~ rob$ gem uninstall my_gem -v=2.3.8
> ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::InstallError)
>    Unknown gem my_gem = 2.3.8

You have to put the name of the gem you want to uninstall instead of
my_gem.  That was just an example.  Are you sure you are cut out for
this?  In your case you want to uninstall the rails gem, so
gem uninstall rails.
Dependant on which environment you are running in you may have to use
sudo on the front.  Do that if you used sudo to install it.
gem list will show all the gems you have installed by the way.

Colin