On Dec 13, 10:45 am, Jim Burgess <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> When I run "rake routes" I see:
> PUT /flights/:id(.:format) {:controller=>"flights", :action=>"update"}
>
> What am I missing?
> Thanks very much in advance.

because a route isn't just a path, it's also an HTTP method. In the
case of update the method is PUT (browsers don't let forms use methods
other than POST or GET but rails lets you simulate the extra methods
by adding a form parameter).
You may be overcomplicating things - if you do form_for @flight ...
rails will pick the right path & method for you ( based on whether the
record is a new record or not)

Fred