Finne Jager wrote in post #968357:
>> Why the current_user part?  Just Timesheet.find(params[:id]) should do
>> the trick -- after all, the ID is unique.
>
> I read in Beginning Rails 3 that current_user makes sure that the logged
> in user can not see other people's incidents/timesheets.

True enough, though I'd probably use an authorization plugin for that.

I have the same

No, I'm sure it's working fine.  But you're defining @timesheet in your
controller, then calling timesheet (without the @) in the view.

> Does it even need to find by ID if I'm
> already using the incident_timesheet_path(incident) link?

Yes.  That only passes the ID.  HTTP has no means of passing
ActiveRecord objects around.

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser