Thanks @walter for your throrough responce.

To be more specific where I would like to use RoR, I would like to use
it initially in:

- Reading a DICOM image of a patient that is more likely suffering from
lung cancer for example.
- Compare the read DICOM image with other DICOM images in the databaase.
- Returning the most similar case to the read image.

This in its case will help the radiologist diagnose the patient on lung
cancer.

So, as you can see, I'm interested in applying RoR in CAD
(Computer-Aided Diagnosis), and think that some image processing would
be needed here.

For this, how can I approach it through RoR?