Well I am using Hobo, which in my case generates form with boolean
fields as checkbox.
Form is rendered from following dryml:
<def tag="win-form" for="Lead">
  <form lifecycle="win" merge param="default">
    <error-messages param/>
    <input type="hidden" name="key"
value="&this.lifecycle.provided_key" if="&this.lifecycle.provided_key"/

    <field-list fields="proposal, duration, value, contract_signed,
start_at_risk" param/>
      <submit label="#{ht 'leads.actions.win', :default=>['Win']}"
param/><or-cancel param="cancel"/>
  </form>
</def>
Validation I want to use would be placed in Lead model for specified
transition, but if we could do it other way it would be fine too.

To be honest I am not sure how to put javascript inside it (but its
true it would be much easier with js) nor how to switch to radioboxes.
If you know what should I do please give me a hint.

I'll ask similar question on Hobo group.

Best regards,
  Piotr