On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 10:41 PM, Clem Rock <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> A bit more info that might help:
>
> I'm running this:
>
> rails -v
> Rails 3.0.4
>

> ruby -v
> ruby 1.8.7 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 72) [i686-darwin9.8.0]
>
> That ruby version looks pretty cracked out to me - could this be the
> issue?

That version of ruby is probably fine. You could try to upgrade, but I have
a hard time thinking that this is the problem.

Out of curiosity: if you create a brand new rails app, just to test, and go
there and try to install a plugin, does it work?

One other point to consider: do you even need to worry about this? I don't
think very many plugins are maintained any more; most authors seem to be
writing gems instead.