Hi

I have an app that is in rails 2.3.10 on my server, the author does not
develop it anymore but changes are forbidden due too licensing. On the other
Hand I am a rails 3 app that should run under the same server.

They should have different subdomains, resulting in oldapp.example.com and
newapp.example.com. But how can I achieve this behavior?

First try was to install rails 2x and 3x side by side but that is resulting
in various errormessages flooding my logs in both applications.

Given is Apache 2.2 with an 3 month old passanger, ruby 1.8.x, rails
versions as stated above.

Is there a way to have the applications work in paralel or have I to
backport my own app to rails 2?

I have root access to the server it self, but as already said the
application is not under active developement any more and I cant modify it
because of the licensing. Porting it would take way to much time too.

Thanks in advance
Norbert