On Mar 16, 1:28 pm, Jazmin <jazminschroe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I use RVM in development and it is a great tool, but I am curious.. If
> passenger can only run "one" ruby what is the advantage of installing RVM in
> the server? Can you create gemsets?

Passenger only wants one ruby interpreter - multiple gemsets are, I
believe, fine (although bundler solves that problem very well too).
RVM does make it really easy to handle ruby version upgrades and that
sort of stuff or if you want a specific version of ruby that isn't the
default one for the distro you use. You can have multiple ruby
versions with passenger, but you need (effectively) several different
passengers running, each with its ruby version (via the passenger
standalone stuff that is mentioned in the page Dan links to)

Fred