On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 9:54 AM, rubynewbie <mohamed.shaf...@gmail.com>wrote:

> The problem is not inclusion of http:// in the URL(I tried without
> that). On the contrary I suspect the reason to be on how to specify
> the domain in the URL. Is my way of specifying the domain right?
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Users\Desktop>gem install rails -v 3.0.1  -p
> http://MYDOMAIN\myUserID:MyPassword@MyProxy:Port

I found this on StackOverflow where there were discussing setting the
http-proxy environment variable for ISA to install a gem on Windows from
behind a proxy. I don't think you need the domain if your admin has
specified a default one to authenticate against. However if they have not,
one of the comments suggested URI encoding the backslash. So you new string
would look like this:

http://MYDOMAIN <http://mydomain/>%5myUserID:MyPassword@MyProxy:Port

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4418/how-do-i-update-ruby-gems-from-behind-a-proxy-isa-ntlm

B.