Thanks Bryan. I tried this as well as Using a Fiddler as a proxy. But
I found that the downloads are being blocked based on the content by
the firewall. Generally arbitrary Software Downloads are not permitted
in my company.
     Theres a separate department which manages Software Downloads
based on requests they get for it and they provide us with the
installables. I have to approach them. But just worried how am I going
to explain the Rails packaging / installation procedure to them in
order for them to give me a Zip file that has all Rails and its
dependent gems. I think I may have to give up.
     Wouldn't it be great if Rails has all the gems bundled into a
single archived file available for download? Thats how most Softwares
like Netbeans, Eclipse,Glassfish, JBOSS, Apache, MySQL, Postgre SQL ,
etc are all delivered. This need not be at the cost doing away with
RubyGems installer and the benefits that come with it. Its just about
having the archived Rails and its dependencies available for download
in the Rails site.
     Is there a way I can take this as a request to the guys in charge
of Rails?

Thanks,