On 22 April 2011 15:40, Bryan Crossland <bacrossl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 8:23 AM, amrit pal pathak
> <amritpalpath...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > http://guides.rubyonrails.org/
>> >
>> > Happy reading... the guides will also probably cover your next 100
>> > questions.
>>          I read it ,it tells to generate a database by "rake
>> db:create" but it was only for scaffold stuff.Here i only generated a
>> individual controller and view(form).Please can you help to do it in
>> this specific case??
>>

> Yes, I think I can. I have some step by step instructions on how to connect
> a view to a controller and to a database through a model. I also have some
> step by step instructions for settingup and running a Rails app. However, my
> steps were not written as well as I thought when reviewed by my peers.
> Instead, they created some even better step by step instructions. Here they
> are.
>
> http://guides.rubyonrails.org/getting_started.html

When you have worked through that and some of the other guides (I mean
work through, trying examples, not just read it) then find a good
tutorial (such as railstutorial.org which is free to use online) and
work through that also.  It may appear that these are not solving your
particular problem but you will learn an immense amount and then be
able to answer most of your own questions.  Once you have done that
then you will be embarrassed to look back at your question above.

I suggest before you start that you install Rails 3.  Rails 2 is no
longer supported apart from security fixes.  Make sure that the
tutorial you use matches the rails version you have installed.

Colin