Thank you very much!  So I guess it was a simple issue.

But what would I do for the form_for @user_session?  I tried...

    before(:each) do
      assign(:user_session, mock_model("UserSession").as_new_record)
    end

But that returns the error:

Failure/Error: assign(:user_session,
mock_model("UserSession").as_new_record)
     ArgumentError:
       The mock_model method can only accept as its first argument:
         * A String representing a Class that does not exist
         * A String representing a Class that extends ActiveModel::Naming
         * A Class that extends ActiveModel::Naming

       It received UserSession

Is this because I'm using Authlogic and the UserSession model
extends Authlogic::Session::Base?  How would I work around this?