On Jul 14, 2011, at 1:58 PM, Leonel *.* wrote:

> I have tried in so many ways and can't get it to work. I did something
> yesterday that made the app have an redirect loop (too many redirects)
> and it took me over an hour just to fix it. So I'm just going to start
> all over again.
>
> My initial question had to do with other models but it's basically the
> same. I need to do the same for several models. This what I have now.
>
> There are two models: Company and User.
> company has_many :users
> user has_one :company
>
> routes.rb
> resources :companies
> resources :users
> resources :companies do
>  resources :users
> end
>
> Those routes allow me to do this:
> companies/2/users/new
>
> Which is good, but once I submit the form, the app seems to forget the
> company_id.

You have both a regular route and a nested route for your users.  Make sure
your form is submitting to the nested route.
It should look something like (depending on your variable names):

form_for [@company, @user] do |f|

Without the company your form will post to /users and the company id will not
be passed.

Juan Alvarado